ASTM A178 Welded Steel Boiler and Superheater Tubes
Click to download the details of ASTM A178 Welded Steel Boiler and Superheater Tubes.
ASTM A178/A178M, ASME SA178/SA178M is the standard applicable to electric-resistance-welded carbon steel and carbon manganese steel boiler and superheater tubes.
ASTM A178 Standard covers minimum-wall-thickness, electric-resistance-welded tubes made of carbon steel and carbon-manganese steel intended for use as boiler tubes, boiler flues, superheater flues, and safe ends.
SA178 tubing sizes and thicknesses usually furnished to this specification are 1⁄2 to 5 in. [12.7 to 127 mm] in outside diameter and 0.035 to 0.360 in. [0.9 to 9.1 mm], inclusive, in minimum wall thickness. Tubing having other dimensions may be furnished, provided such tubes comply with all other requirements of this specification.
ASTM A178 tubes are a kind of frequently-used tubes in our life, they are mainly used in manufacturing heating pipelines, containers, coal-saving devices, superheaters, arch superheated tube, airway tube etc.
Standard: ASTM A178, ASME SA178
Grade: Grade A, Grade C, Grade D
Delivery Condition: Annealed, Normalized, Tempered, Heat Treatment, BK, BKS,
BKW, NBK, GBK
Section Shape: Round
Surface Treatment: Varnish
OD: 12.7mm to 127mm
Wall thickness: 1.5mm to 6.0mm
Ends: Plain ends or bevel ends
Test and other terms:
- Hydrostatic or Nondestructive Electric Test
- Heat Treatment: according to Standard
- Surface Condition: According to Standard.
- Grain Size: According to standard
- Sampling: flattening, flaring, grain size, Marking
Chemical Compositions (%)
|Element||Grade A,||Grade C,||Grade D|
|Low-Carbon Steel||Medium-Carbon Steel||Carbon-Manganese Steel|
A178 Mechanical Properties
|Grade A||Grade C||Grade D|
|Tensile strength, min, ksi [MPa]||47||60||70|
|Yield strength, min, ksi [MPa]||26||37||40|
|Elongation in 2 in. or 50mm, min, %||35||30||30|
|For longitudinal strip tests a deduction for||1.50A||1.50A||1.50A|
|Each1⁄32-in[0.8mm] decrease in wall thickness below 5⁄16in. [8mm]|
|From the basic minimum elongation of the following percentage points shall be made|
Outside Diameter and Wall thickness Tolerance:
|Outside Diameter tolerance||Wall thickness tolerance|
|OD < 50||±0.05mm||S < 4mm||±12.5%|
|OD > 50||±1%||4–20mm||+15/-12.5%|
- Mill test certificates will be issued according to EN10204.3
- The tubes Shall be Seamless, and the testing shall be as per A 450 / A450M.
- Application: apply to the heat exchangers, condensers and heat transfer equipment and similar pipe.
- Packed in wooden box or bundles protected with plastic paper, and suitably protected for sea-worthily delivery or as requested.
- The Product marking shall include the ASTM A178 or ASME SA178, size, heat no., Lot No. and Manufacture name or logo.
Get in Touch
If you are interested in our products or service, please contact us now.
Tel.: +86 185 5109 0083 | E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org