ASTM A333 Gr.1, Gr.6, Gr.8 Seamless Low-Temperature Pipes
ASTM A333 / A333M, ASME SA333 / SA333M Gr.6 is the standard applicable to
seamless and welded steel pipe for low-temperature Service
ASTM A333/A 333M covers nominal (average) wall seamless and welded carbon and alloy steel pipe intended for use at low temperatures.
ASTM A333/A 333M covers several grades of carbon and alloy steel seamless and welded pipes included Grade1, Grade3, Grade4, Grade6, Grade7, Grade8, Grade9, Grade10, Grade11.
ASTM A333/A 333M pipe shall be made by the seamless or welding process with the addition of no filler metal in the welding operation. Grade 4 shall be made by the seamless process.
Click to download the details of ASTM A333 GR.6, GR8 Low Temperature Pipes
Standard: ASTM A333/A 333M; ASME SA333
Description Name: ASTM A333 GR.6 Seamless pipes, A333 GR.6 tubes, A333 GR.8 Seamless pipes, A333 GR.6 low temperature pipes.
Shape: Round sections.
Length: Single random length/ Double random length or as customer’s actual request
Grade: Gr.1; Gr.6; Gr.8
Condition: The purchaser shall specify a sizing method and, if required, a thermal treatment.
- Sizing Methods:
ASTM A333/A 333M Chemical Composition (%):
|A333/A 333M||Chemical Components (%)|
ASTM A333/A 333M Tensile Requirements
|A333/A 333M||Grade 1||Grade 6||Grade 8|
|Tensile strength, min||55000||380||60000||415||100000||690|
|Yield strength, min||30000||205||35000||240||75000||515|
Impact requirements for Gr.1, Gr.6
|ASTM A333/A333M Gr.1, Gr.6, Gr.8 Impact requirements|
|Size of Specimen, mm||Minimum Average Notched|
Bar Impact Value of
Each Set of Three
|Minimum Notched Bar|
Impact Value of One
Specimen Only of
a Set A
|10 by 10||13||18||10||14|
|10 by 7.5||10||14||8||11|
|10 by 6.67||9||12||7||9|
|10 by 5||7||9||5||7|
|10 by 3.33||5||7||3||4|
|10 by 2.5||4||5||3||4|
|A Straight-line interpolation for intermediate values is permitted.|
|Grade||Minimum Impact Test Temperature|
Impact Temperature Reduction
|Specimen Width Along Notch or Actual Material Thickness||Temperature Reduction,|
Degrees Colder A
|0.394||10 (Standard size)||0||0|
|0.295||7.5 (3/4 std. size)||5||3|
|0.262||6.67 (2/3 std. size)||10||5|
|0.197||5 (1/2 std. size)4||20||11|
|0.131||3.33 (1/3 std. size)||35||19|
|0.099||2.5 (1/4 std. size)||50||28|
Hydrostatic or Nondestructive Electric Test
- ASTM A333 GR.1, GR.6, GR.8 pipe shall be subjected to the nondestructive electric test or the hydrostatic test. The type of test to be used shall be at the option of the manufacturer, unless otherwise specified in the purchase order.
- The hydrostatic test shall be in accordance with Specification A 999/A 999M
- Nondestructive Electric Test—Nondestructive electric tests shall be in accordance with Specification A 999/A 999M
- ASTM A333 tubes marking shall include whether hot finished, cold drawn, seamless or welded, the schedule number and the letters “LT” followed by the temperature at which the impact tests were made, except when a lower test temperature is required because of reduced specimen size, in which case, the higher impact test temperature applicable to a full-size specimen should be marked.
- When the size of the finished pipe is insufficient to obtain sub size impact specimens, the marking shall not include the letters “LT” followed by an indicated test temperature unless Supplementary Requirement S1 is specified.
- When the pipe is furnished in the quenched and tempered condition, the marking shall include the letters “QT,” and the heat treatment condition shall be reported to the purchaser or his representative.
ASTM A333 GR.6 Tubes and Pipes
Packing and Marking
- Packed in bundles, wrapped in plastic, and suitably protected for sea-worthily delivery or as requested.
Standard and Product List
ISO 8535-1 Fuel Injection Pipes
DIN2391 ST35 NBK Seamless Tubes
ASTM A179 / ASME SA179 Seamless Tubes
ASTM A192 / ASME SA192 Seamless Boiler Tubes
ASTM A210 / ASME SA210 GRADE A1 Seamless Tubes
ASTM A210 / ASME SA210 GRADE C Seamless Tubes
ASTM A519 SAE1010 Seamless Tubes and Pipes
ASTM A519 SAE1020 Seamless Tubes and Pipes
ASTM A519 SAE1026 Seamless Tubes and Pipes
ASTM A519 SAE1035 Seamless Tubes and Pipes
ASTM A519 SAE1045 Seamless Tubes and Pipes
ASTM A519 SAE4130 Seamless Tubes and Pipes
DIN17175 ST35.8, 15Mo3, 13CrMo44, 10CrMo910
DIN2391 ST52, ST35 Precision Steel Tubes
EN10305-1 E215, E235, E355 Cold Drawn Tubes
JIS G3445 STKM11A, STKM12A Steel Tubes
Stainless Steel and Duplex
ASTM A312 TP321 Stainless Tubes
ASTM A269 TP304L TP316L Stainless Steel Tubes
ASTM A213 TP304/L TP316/L Stainless Steel Tubes
ASTM A249 Stainless Steel Tubes
ASTM A270 TP304L TP316L Sanitary Stainless Tubing
ASTM A312 TP304 TP316 TP321 TP347 Stainless Steel Pipes
ASTM A789 S31803 S32205 S32750 Duplex Stainless Tubes
S31254 Stainless Tubes Approved by Saudi Aramco
ASME SA213 TP316L Stainless Tubes Approved by Saudi Aramco
Get in Touch
If you are interested in our products or service, please contact us now.
Tel.: +86 185 5109 0083 | E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org