ASTM A334 ASME SA334
Gr. 6 Seamless Steel Tubes
ASME SA334 Standard Specification for Seamless and Welded Carbon and Alloy-Steel Tubes for Low-Temperature Service
ASTM A334 / ASME SA334 covers several grades of minimum- wall-thickness, seamless and welded, carbon and alloy-steel tubes intended for use at low temperatures.
Standard: ASTM A334 / ASME SA334
Description Name: ASME SA334 / ASTM A334 Seamless Tubes; A334 Grade 6 Tube; A334 carbon steel tube; ASTM A334 seamless tubing; SA334 Seamless Tube; ASTM A334 cold drawn seamless steel tube; ASTM A334 tubing
Size: 3/4in. to 3in. [19.05mm to 76.2mm] W.T.: 1.65mm-6.5mm Shape: Round
Production type: Cold drawn and cold rolled.
Length: Single random length / Double random length, or as customer’s actual request max length is 25m Grade: Gr.6
Applications: Used for low temperature service for Heat Exchanger, Condenser and Boilers.
ASTM A334 / ASME SA334 Chemical Compositions
|Standard||Grade||Chemical Components (%)|
|ASTM A334/ ASME SA334||GR.6||≤0.30||≥0.10||0.29-1.06||≤0.025||≤0.025||/|
Mechanical Tests Required
|Tensile||Yield||Elongation||The Low degree of Temperature test|
|Strength (Mpa)||Strength (Mpa)||(%)|
|ASTM A334/ ASME SA334||Gr.6||≥415||≥240||≥30||-45°|
Click to download the details of ASTM A334 ASME SA334 Gr. 6 Seamless Steel Tubes.
ASTM A334/ASME SA334 GR.6 Hardness:
Maximum Hardness Number
A334 GR.6 Impact requirements
|Size of Specimen, mm||Minimum Average Notched Bar Impact Value of. Each Set of Three Specimens||Minimum Notched Bar Impact Value of One Specimen Only of a Set|
|10 by 10||13||18||10||14|
|10 by 7.5||10||14||8||11|
|10 by 6.67||9||12||7||9|
|10 by 5||7||9||5||7|
|10 by 3.33||5||7||3||4|
|10 by 2.5||4||5||3||4|
A334 GR.6 Impact Temperature Reduction:
|Specimen Width Along Notch or Accrual Material Thickness||Temperature Reduction, Degrees Colder|
|0.295||7.5(3/4 std. size)||5||3|
|0.262||6.67(2/3 std. sze)||10||5|
|0.197||5(1/2 std. size)||20||11|
|0.131||3.33(1/3 std. size)||35||19|
|0.099||2.5(1/4 std. size)||50||28|
Other Mechanical tests as follows:
l Flattening Test One flattening test shall be made on specimens from each end of one finished tube of each lot.
l Flare Test (Seamless Tubes) One flare test shall be made on specimens from each end of one finished tube of each lot.
l Flange Test (Welded Tubes) One flange test shall be made on specimens from each end of one finished tube of each lot.
l Reverse Flattening Test For welded tubes, one re- verse flattening test shall be made on a specimen from each 1500 ft [460 m] of finished tubing.
l Hardness Test Brinell or Rockwell hardness tests shall be made on specimens from two tubes from each lot (Note 3).
l Impact Tests One notched-bar impact test, consisting of breaking three specimens, shall be made from each heat represented in a heat-treatment load on specimens taken from the finished tube.
ASTM A334 / ASME SA334 GR.6 tubes Hydrostatic or NDT test
Each A334 GR.6 tube shall be subjected to the nondestructive electric test or the hydrostatic test. The type of test to be used shall be at the option of the manufacturer, unless otherwise specified in the purchase order.
All A334 GR.6 seamless and welded tubes, other than Grades 8 and 11, shall be treated to control their microstructure in Accor- dance with one of the following methods:
- Normalize by heating to a uniform temperature of not less than 1550°F [845°C] and cool in air or in the cooling chamber of an atmosphere-controlled furnace.
- Normalize as in standard 10.1.1, and, at the discretion of the manufacturer, reheat to a suitable tempering temperature.
- For the seamless process only, reheat and control hot working and the temperature of the hot-finishing operation to a finishing temperature range from 1550 to 1750°F [845 to 955°C] and cool in a controlled atmosphere furnace from an initial temperature of not less than 1550°F [845°C].
- Treat as in 6.1.3 and, at the discretion of the manufacturer, reheat to a suitable tempering temperature.
- A 370 Test Methods and Definitions for Mechanical Testing of Steel Products
- A 450/A450M Specification for General Requirements for Carbon, Ferritic Alloy, and Austenitic Alloy Steel Tubes3
- E 23 Test Methods for Notched Bar Impact Testing of Metallic Materials5
ASTM ASME A/SA334 GR.6 Seamless Tubes Orders for material under this specification should include the following, as required, to describe the material adequately:
- Quantity (feet, centimeters, or number of lengths),
- Name of material (seamless or welded pipe),
- Size (outside diameter and minimum wall thickness),
- Length (specific or random)
- Optional requirements, (other temperatures, Section 13; hydrostatic or electric test, Section 15),
- Test report required, (Certification Section of Specification A 450/A 450M),
- Specification designation,
- Special requirements and any supplementary requirements selected.
- Mill test certificates will be issued according to EN10204.3 3.1 or 3.2
- Packed in wooden box or bundles protected with plastic paper, and suitably protected for sea-worthily delivery or as requested.
- The Product marking shall include the ASTM A334 or ASME SA334, Grade, size, heat no., Lot No. and Manufacture name or logo.
Get in Touch
If you are interested in our products or service, please contact us now.
Tel.: +86 185 5109 0083 | E-mail: email@example.com