ASTM A 335 / A335M
P1, P2, P5, P9 Seamless Alloy-Steel Pipe
ASTM A335 / A 335M, ASME SA335 P1, P2, P5, T9 is the standard applicable to seamless ferritic alloy-Steel Boiler, Superheater, and Heat-Exchanger Tubes
ASTM A335 /A335M ASME SA335 pipes shall be made by the seamless process and shall be either hot-finished or cold drawn with the finishing treatment.
ASTM A335 /A335M covers nominal wall and minimum wall seamless ferritic alloy-steel pipe intended for high-temperature service. Pipe ordered to this specification shall be suitable for bending, flanging (vanstoning), and similar forming operations, and for fusion welding. Selection will depend upon design, service conditions, mechanical properties, and high-temperature characteristics.
Standard: ASTM A335/A335M, ASME SA335
Description Name: ASTM A335 / ASME SA335 P1 Seamless pipes, ASTM A335 / ASME SA335 P2 Seamless pipes, ASTM A335 / ASME SA335 P5 Seamless pipes, ASTM A335 / ASME SA335 P9 Seamless pipes, ASTM A335 P11 Seamless pipes, ASTM A335 / ASME SA335 P1 Seamless alloy pipes, ASTM A335 P2 Superheater pipes, ASTM A335 P5 Superheater pipes, ASTM A335 P9 Superheater pipes, ASTM A335 T1 boiler pipes, ASTM A335 P2 boiler pipes, ASTM A335 P5 boiler pipes, ASTM A335 P9 boiler pipes, ASTM A335 / ASME SA335 P22 Seamless pipes, ASTM A335 / ASME SA335 P2 Seamless alloy pipes, Seamless superheater pipes, Boiler pipes, Alloy steel pipe, High Pressure boiler pipe, High Temperature pipe.
Size: 50.8 to 860 mm
Wall Thickness: 2.77 to 100mm
Length: Single random length/ Double random length or as customer’s actual request
Grade: P1, P2, P5, P9
ASTM A 999/A999M specification for general requirements for alloy and stainless-steel pipe
E92 Test method for Vickers hardness of metallic materials
E213 practice for ultrasonic testing of metal pipe and tubing
E309 practice for Eddy-Current examination of steel tubular products using magnetic saturation
E381 method of macro etch testing steel bars, billets, blooms, and forgings
|Chemical Components (%)|
Heat Treatment Requirements
|Grade||UNS Number||Heat Treat Type||Austenitizing/ Solutioning Temperature, min or range °F [°C]||Subcritical Annealing or Tempering Temperature, Min or range °F [°C]|
|P1||K11522||full or isothermal anneal normalize and temper subcritical anneal||…||1200  1200-1300 [650 to 705]|
|P2||K11547||full or isothermal anneal normalize and temper subcritical anneal||…||1250  1200-1300 [650 to 705]|
|P5||K41545||full or isothermal anneal normalize and temper||…||1250 |
|P9||S50400||full or isothermal anneal normalize and temper||…||1250 |
Tensile Requirements and Hardness:
|Strength (Mpa)||Strength (Mpa)||(%)|
- Flattening Test — One flattening test shall be made on specimens from each end of one finished tube, not the one used for the flaring test, from each lot
- Flaring Test — One flaring test shall be made on specimens from each end of one finished tube, not the one used for the flattening test, from each lot
- Hydrostatic or Nondestructive Electric Test — Each tube shall be subjected to the nondestructive electric test or the hydrostatic test. The type of test to be used shall be at the option of the manufacturer, unless otherwise specified in the purchase order.
Materials and Manufacture:
- The Tubes shall be made by the seamless process and shall be either hot-finished or cold finished, as specified.
- Heat Treatment—Ferritic Alloy and Ferritic Stainless Steels—The ferritic alloy and ferritic stainless steels shall be reheated for heat treatment in accordance with the requirements of Standard. Heat treatment shall be carried out separately and in addition to heating for hot forming.
- Mill test certificates will be issued according to EN10204.3
- All tubes shall be supplied as per applicable ASTM A335 /A335M Specification.
ASTM A335 PHOTOS
Get in Touch
If you are interested in our products or cooperation with us, even having a comment or a suggestion, please contact us now for more detailed information.
Tel.: +86 185 5109 0083 | E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org