ASTM B111 B111M Copper and Copper-Alloy Seamless Tubes C44300, C68700, C71500, C70600
ASTM B111 / B111M C44300 C68700 C71500 C70600 Copper and Copper-Alloy Seamless Condenser Tubes.
ASTM B111 B111M establishes the requirements for seamless tube and ferrule stock of copper and various copper alloys up to 3 Vs in. [80 mm] inclusive, in diameter, for use in surface condensers, evaporators, and heat exchangers.
The following coppers and copper alloys are specified:
|Copper or Copper Alloy UNS NO.||Description|
|C44300||Admiralty Metals, B, C, and D|
|C68700||Aluminum Brass, B|
Standard: ASTM B111 / B111M.
Description Name: ASTM B111 copper tubes, C44300 copper tubes, C44300 Admiralty brass tubes, C44300 admiralty brass pipes, C68700 copper tubes, C68700 aluminum brass tubes, C68700 aluminum brass pipes, C70600 Copper tubes, C70600 brass pipes, C70400 copper tubes, C70400 Brass tubes and pipes, C70400 Copper-Nickel tubes and pipes. C71500 copper tubes, C71500 Brass tubes and pipes, C71500 Copper-Nickel tubes and pipes, C71640 copper tubes, C71640 Brass tubes and pipes, C71640 Copper-Nickel tubes and pipes.
Size: 6mm to 100 mm.
Wall Thickness: 0.5 to 25mm.
Length: Single random length/ Double random length or as customer’s actual request.
Grade: C44300, C68700, C70400, C70600, C71500, C71640.
- B153 Test Method for Expansion (Pin Test) of Copper and Copper-Alloy Pipe and Tubing.
- B154 Test Method for Mercurous Nitrate Test for Copper and Copper Alloys.
- B170 Specification for Oxygen-Free Electrolytic Copper Refinery Shapes.
- B224 Classification of Coppers.
- B846 Terminology for Copper and Copper Alloys.
- B858 Test Method for Ammonia Vapor Test for Determining Susceptibility to Stress Corrosion Cracking in Copper Alloys.
- E8 Test Methods for Tension Testing of Metallic Materials E 8M Test Methods for Tension Testing of Metallic Materials [Metric].
- E29 Practice for Using Significant Digits in Test Data to Determine Conformance with Specifications.
- E53 Test Methods for Determination of Copper in Unalloyed Coppers by Gravimetry.
- E54 Test Methods for Chemical Analysis of Special Brasses and Bronzes.
- E62 Test Methods for Chemical Analysis of Copper and Copper Alloys (Photometric Methods.
- E75 Test Methods for Chemical Analysis of Copper-Nickel and Copper-Nickel-Zinc Alloys.
- E76 Test Methods for Chemical Analysis of Nickel-Copper Alloys.
- E112 Test Methods for Determining Average Grain Size E 243 Practice for Electromagnetic (Eddy Current) Examination of Copper and Copper-Alloy Tubes.
- E255 Practice for Sampling Copper and Copper Alloys for the Determination of Chemical Composition.
- E478 Test Methods for Chemical Analysis of Copper Alloys.
- E527 Practice for Numbering Metals and Alloys (UNS).
|Designation||Chemical Composition %|
Click to download the MTC of ASTM B111 UNS C44300 Brass Tubes.
Click to download the details of ASTM B111 Copper and Brass Tubes.
The world standard Grade equivalent to ASTM B111
|Material Designation||Corresponding Material Symbol|
|GB/T8890||ASTM B111||BS2871||JIS H3300||DIN1785|
|Copper or Copper Alloy UNS NO.||Temper Designation||Tensile Strength||Yield Strength|
|Standard||Former||min ksi||min ksi|
- Tube specimens selected for test shall withstand the expansion shown in standard when expanded in accordance with Test Method B 153. The expanded tube shall show no cracking or rupture visible to the unaided eye.
- Hard-drawn tubes not end annealed are not subject to this test. When tubes are specified end annealed, this test is required and shall be performed on the annealed ends of the sampled tubes.
- Tubes for ferrule stock are not subject to the expansion test.
- Test Method—Each test specimen shall be flattened in a press at three (3) places along the length, each new place to be rotated on its axis approximately one third turn from the last flattened area. Each flattened area shall be at least 2 in. in length. A flattened test-specimen shall allow a micrometer caliper set at three (3) times the wall thickness to pass freely over the flattened area. The flattened areas of the test specimen shall be inspected for surface defects.
- During inspection, the flattened areas of the test- specimen shall be free of defects, but blemishes of a nature that do not interfere with the intended application are acceptable.
- Tubes for ferrule stock are not subject to flattening test.
Residual Stress Test
- A residual stress test is required to be performed only for Copper Alloy UNS Nos. C23000, C28000, C44300, C44400, C44500, C60800, C61300, C61400, and C68700.
- Unless otherwise specified, the producer shall have the option of testing the product to either the mercurous nitrate test, Test Method B 154, or the ammonia vapor test, Test Method B 858, as prescribed below.
Eddy-Current Test—Each tube shall be passed through an eddy-current testing unit adjusted to provide information on the suitability of the tube for the intended application. Testing shall follow the procedures of Practice E 243.
Each tube shall stand, without showing evidence of leakage, an internal hydrostatic pressure sufficient to subject the material to a fiber stress of 7000 psi [48 MPa] as determined by the following equation for thin hollow cylinders under tension. The tube need not be tested at a hydrostatic pressure of over 1000 psi [7.0 MPa] unless so specified.
P 5 2St/~D 2 0.8t!
P = hydrostatic pressure, psig [MPa];
t = thickness of tube wall, in. [mm];
D = outside diameter of the tube, in. [mm];
and S = allowable stress of the material, psi [MPa].
Materials and Manufacture:
- When specified in the purchase order or contract, the purchaser shall be furnished certification that samples representing each lot have been either tested or inspected as directed in this specification and requirements have been met.
- When identified in the ordering information that product is purchased for ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code applications, certification to this specification is mandatory.
- Mill test certificates will be issued
- All tubes shall be supplied as per applicable ASTM B111 /B 111M Specification.
ASTM B111 PHOTOS
Packing and Marking
- Packed in bundles or ply wooden box wrapped in plastic, and suitably protected for sea-worthily delivery or as requested.
Get in Touch
If you are interested in our products or cooperation with us, even having a comment or a suggestion, please contact us now for more detailed information.
Tel.: +86 185 5109 0083 | E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org