ASTM B111M C70620 Copper Nickel Tubes
ASTM B 111/B 111M, C70600 and C70620 Copper Nickel Seamless Condenser Tubes
ASTM B111M C70620 Copper Nickel 90-10 tubes for use in Condensers, Heat Exchangers, Evaporators and Coolers.
|Copper or Copper Alloy UNS NO.||Description|
|C70600, C70620||90-10 Copper-Nickel|
Standard: ASTM B 111/B 111M
Description Name: ASTM B111 copper tubes, C70600 copper tubes, C70620 Copper-Nickel tubes C70620 copper Nickel pipes, Copper-Nickel tubes and pipes.
Size: 6mm to 89 mm
Wall Thickness: 0.5 to 25mm
Length: Max 15000mm
Grade: C70620, C70600
C70620 Copper Nickel Tubes Chemical Composition:
|Designation||Chemical Composition %|
The world standard Grade equivalent to ASTM B111
|Material Designation||Corresponding Material Symbol|
|GB/T8890||ASTM B111||BS2871||JIS H3300||DIN1785|
|Copper or Copper Alloy UNS NO.||Temper Designation||Tensile Strength,||Yield Strength,|
|Standard||Former||min ksi||min ksi|
Click to download the details of ASTM B111M C70620 Copper Nickel Tubes.
- Tube specimens selected for test shall withstand the expansion shown in standard when expanded in accordance with Test Method B 153. The expanded tube shall show no cracking or rupture visible to the unaided eye.
- Hard-drawn tubes not end annealed are not subject to this test. When tubes are specified end annealed, this test is required and shall be performed on the annealed ends of the sampled tubes.
- Tubes for ferrule stock are not subject to the expansion test.
- Test Method—Each test specimen shall be flattened in a press at three (3) places along the length, each new place to be rotated on its axis approximately one third turn from the last flattened area. Each flattened area shall be at least 2 in. in length. A flattened test-specimen shall allow a micrometer caliper set at three (3) times the wall thickness to pass freely over the flattened area. The flattened areas of the test specimen shall be inspected for surface defects.
- During inspection, the flattened areas of the test- specimen shall be free of defects, but blemishes of a nature that do not interfere with the intended application are acceptable.
- Tubes for ferrule stock are not subject to flattening test.
Eddy-Current Test—Each tube shall be passed through an eddy-current testing unit adjusted to provide information on the suitability of the tube for the intended application. Testing shall follow the procedures of Practice E 243.
Each C70620 copper nickel tube shall stand, without showing evidence of leakage, an internal hydrostatic pressure sufficient to subject the material to a fiber stress of 7000 psi [48 MPa] as determined by the following equation for thin hollow cylinders under tension. The tube need not be tested at a hydrostatic pressure of over 1000 psi [7.0 MPa] unless so specified.
P 5 2St/~D 2 0.8t!
P = hydrostatic pressure, psig [MPa];
t = thickness of tube wall, in. [mm];
D = outside diameter of the tube, in. [mm]; and S = allowable stress of the material, psi [MPa].
Materials and Manufacture:
- When specified in the purchase order or contract, the purchaser shall be furnished certification that samples representing each lot have been either tested or inspected as directed in this specification and requirements have been met.
- When identified in the ordering information that product is purchased for ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code applications, certification to this specification is mandatory.
- Mill test certificates will be issued
- All tubes shall be supplied as per applicable ASTM B111 /B 111M Specification.
ASTM B111M C70620 Copper Nickel Tubes PHOTOS
Packing and Marking
- Packed in bundles or ply wooden box wrapped in plastic, and suitably protected for sea-worthily delivery or as requested.
Get in Touch
If you are interested in our products or service, please contact us now.
Tel.: +86 185 5109 0083 | E-mail: email@example.com