ASTM B338 Seamless and Welded Titanium and Titanium Alloy Tubes Gr.1 Gr. 2 Gr. 3
ASTM B338 Gr.1 Gr.2 Gr.3 Gr.7 Seamless and Welded Titanium and Titanium Alloy Tubes for Condensers and Heat Exchangers.
ASTM B338 Covers the requirements for 22 grades of titanium and titanium alloy tubing intended for surface condensers, evaporators, and heat exchangers, as follows:
- Grade 1-Unalloyed titanium,
- Grade 2-Unalloyed titanium,
- Grade 3-Unalloyed titanium,
- Grade 7-Unalloyed titanium plus 0.12 to 0.25% palladium,
- Grade 9-Titanium alloy (3% aluminum, 2.5% vanadium)
- Grade 11-Unalloyed titanium, plus 0.12 to 0.25% palladium,
- Grade 12-Titanium alloy (0.3% molybdenum, 0.8% nickel),
- Grade 13-Titanium alloy (0.5% nickel, 0.05% ruthenium),
- Grade 14-Titanium alloy (0.5% nickel, 0.05% ruthenium),
- Grade 15-Titanium alloy (0.5% nickel, 0.05% ruthenium),
- Grade 16-Unalloyed Titanium plus 0.04 to 0.08% palladium
- Grade 17-Unalloyed titanium plus 0.04 to 0.08% palladium,
- Grade 18-Titanium alloy (3% aluminum, 2.5% vanadium) plus 0.04 to 0.08% palladium,
- Grade 26-Unalloyed titanium plus 0.08 to 0.14% ruthenium,
- Grade 27-Unalloyed titanium plus 0.08 to 0.14% ruthenium,
- Grade 28- Titanium alloy (3% aluminum, 2.5% vanadium) plus 0.08 to 0.14% ruthenium,
- Grade 30-Titanium alloy (0.3% cobalt, 0.05% palladium),
- Grade 31-Titanium alloy (0.3% cobalt, 0.05% palladium),
- Grade 33-Titanium alloy (0.4% nickel, t0.015% palladium, 0.025% ruthenium, 0.15% chromium),
- Grade 34-Titanium alloy (0.4% nickel, 0.015% palladium, 0.025% ruthenium, 0.15% chromium),
- Grade 35- Titanium alloy (4.5% aluminum, 2% molybdenum, 1.6% vanadium, 0.5% iron, 0.3% silicon),
- Grade 36- Titanium alloy (45% niobium).
Standard: ASTM B338, ASTM B337, ASME SB337.
Description Name: ASTM B338 Titanium Gr.2 welded pipes, ASTM B338 Titanium Gr.2 seamless pipes, ASTM B338 Titanium Gr.2 welded tubes, ASTM B338 Titanium Gr.2 seamless tubes, Titanium Alloy Grade 2 seamless pipes, Titanium Alloy Grade2 welded pipes, Titanium alloy tubing.
Size: 6mm to 610mm.
Schedules: 10s, 20, 40s, 40, 60, 80s, 80, 100, 120, 140, 160, XXS.
Type: Seamless / ERW / Welded / Fabricated.
Wall Thickness: 1mm to 50mm.
Shape: Round, Square, rectangular.
Length: Single random length. / Double random length or as customer’s actual request. Max length 12000mm.
ASTM Referenced Standards
A370 Test methods and Definitions for mechanical testing of steel products.
E8 Test methods for tension testing of metallic materials.
E29 practice for using significant digits in test data to determine conformance with specifications.
E120 Test Methods for chemical analysis of titanium and titanium alloys.
E1409 Test method for determination of oxygen in titanium and titanium alloys by the inert gas fusion technique.
E1447 test method for determination of hydrogen in titanium and titanium alloys by the inert gas fusion thermal conductivity method.
|Grade 1||Grade 2||Grade 3||Grade 7||Grade 9||Grade 11|
|Residuals, max each||0.1||0.1||0.1||0.1||0.1||0.1|
|Residuals, max total||0.4||0.4||0.4||0.4||0.4||0.4|
|Grade||Tensile strength, in||Yield Strength, 0.2% Offset||Elongation in 2 in. or 50mm, min, %|
Tubing shall withstand, without cracking, flattening under a load applied gradually at room temperature until the distance between the load platens is not more than H in. H is calculated as SB338 standard.
For tube 3 1/2 in.(88mm) in outside diameter and smaller, and 0.134 in.(3.4mm) in wall thickness and thinner, a section of tube approximately 4 in.(102mm) in length shall withstand being flared with a tool having a 60°included angle until the tube at the mouth of the flare has been expanded in accordance with table4 the flared end shall show no cracking or rupture visible to the unaided eye. Flaring tests on larger diameter tube or tubing outside the range of standard shall be as agreed upon between the manufacturer and the purchaser.
Hydrostatic or Nondestructive Testing
Welded tubing shall be tested using both a nondestructive electromagnetic test and an ultrasonic test as described in standard. Seamless and welded/cold worked tubing shall be tested using an ultrasonic test as described in standard.
Welded or seamless tubing shall be tested with a hydrostatic or pneumatic test as described in standard. Other requirements details can check standard.
Each length of tube 1/2 in. (13mm) in outside diameter and larger, manufactured in accordance with this specification, shall be legibly marked, either by stenciling, stamping, or rolling, with the manufacture’s private identifying mark, the ASTM designation, the tube class, the grade, and heat number. On smaller than 1/2 in. outside diameter tubing that is bundled, the same information may be legibly stamped on a metal tag securely attached to each bundle.
- Mill test certificates will be issued according to EN10204.3.
- All tubes shall be supplied as per applicable ASTM B338 Specification.
Other ordering information
- Orders for material to this specification shall include the following information, as required:
- Grade number.
- Diameter and wall thickness.
- Method of manufacture and finish.
- Restrictive chemistry is desired.
- Product analysis, if desired.
- Special mechanical properties, if desired.
- Nondestructive tests.
Packed in bundles or ply wooden box wrapped in plastic, and suitably protected for sea-worthily delivery or as requested.
Get in Touch
If you are interested in our products or cooperation with us, even having a comment or a suggestion, please contact us now for more detailed information.
Tel.: +86 185 5109 0083 | E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org